SIEGE JOURNAL epilogue


Dr. Clift and I take poor John off the field.

I have returned home to convalesce after my unfortunate injury received at the hands of the French forces at Fort Niagara. It is fortunate that I have no end of little projects that can be done whilst in a seated position to keep myself entertained. There is also reading to be done, as well as the reorganization of my medical books. I shall share a secret with you dear reader, I am not a tidy housekeeper, it is true.

There is also the matter of the limberjack that Lucy was so kindly giv'n by one of the traders. While he was well put together, I fear he was not very well painted, so I have taken it upon myself to repaint our little friend in a style more befitting. It will involve a good deal of mater red and a bit of green, and perhaps a silver gorget? And a sash, one mustn't overlook the importance of a sharp looking red sash when repainting a wooden dancing toy.

In the meantime, I believe that I may travel up to Locust Grove this week's end to visit and browse at a most peculiar event.

The month of August looks to be a bit dull on my schedule, so if you dear reader, have any suggestions, I would love for you to make them known to me.

Conversely, September is positively brimming with activity. I shall not bore you with the details. Suffice it to say, I have written it all down in my SCHEDULE.

No comments: