Where has the Doctor gone?

Winter's afoot, and it's this time of year that I always start feeling a little stir-crazy because I've been able to be 'The Doctor' on a fairly regular basis. But then cold weather comes on and the events dry up and sites start closing down for the season.

The first weekend in December there's a Christmas event at Fort Loudon that I've been invited to... and on top of that, I just agreed to be the guest speaker at the Charles Duncan Chapter of the Kentucky Society Sons of the American Revolution's Christmas Dinner.

http://www.charlesduncansar.com/Christmas_party.html

So that'll give me my fix for December just before Christmas. Then I imagine it'll be a few months before I'm able to don my garb and be the Doctor again. Bwah, that sounds depressing.

SO, in an effort to perk myself up, perhaps I ought to mention some things I'm looking forward to next season...

May 2009-

Martin's Station Raid, Ewing, VA.- I spoke with one of the guys that does a top notch indian interpretation... and he wants to do some sort of scenario with the Doctor. He mentioned several ideas that sounded really good. I'll update you on those as time draws closer.

Traveller's Rest, Spring Sampler, Friday, May 1, 9:00am-4:00pm- I'm hoping that this event doesn't overlap with anything else... I really enjoyed going out there and would love to get to go back.

September 2009-

Fair at New Boston,
Labor Day Weekend,
September 5 & 6, 2009,
George Rogers Clark Park, Springfield, OH

Loudon Market Fair, September ?? 2009

Rock Castle, Daniel Smith Days, September ?? 2009

Fort Boonesborough, The Siege of Boonesborough, September ?? 2009

Kohkohmah & Foster Encampment; Kokokmo, IN September ?? 2009

October 2009-

Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, History Festival
Nashville, TN. October ?? 2009

Locust Grove Market Fair, October ?? 2009

Not to mention that there are events at other sites that I'd like to give a shot to this next year... one of those sites is Red River.

I have also updated my listing of sites of some import along the left hand side of this page. Visit them at your leisure and let me know what you think of them!

No comments: