For the jury





In order to be able to participate in events at Martin's Station, I required a few pictures that I might be 'juried'. Basically, they just want to have a look at you to ensure that your clothing is correct.

This picture was taken by the fireplace in the physician's cabin at Mansker's Station. Please make note that my right sleeve still has the red and black makeup from the face of the savage that I was forced to dispatch some weeks ago.

A few words about the clothing: The waistcoat was originally a light natural linen color, but I dyed it in a walnut stew and replaced the funky pewter buttons with the black leather ones that you see here. The shirt is linen, the very same shirt I started reenacting in... yikes 6-7 years ago! I recently had to have the shoulders patched where they had worn through.

And if you look at the large version of the picture, you'll see where the wax from candle making dripped all over my right shoe. God I love the 18th century!

No comments: