TREATY OF HOLSTON



























CLICK ON EACH IMAGE FOR LARGER VERSION

The folks from Rock Castle called and asked if I'd be able to produce the 'Treaty with the Cherokee' from 1791 for a recreation of the signing that is to take place this weekend at "Daniel Smith Days".

The pictures posted above are the unfinished comp versions with a simulated background to replicate what it'll look like printed on the parchment paper. The finished product will be 19" x 24". The red circles are there to simulate where I'll place the three wax seals for the gents who signed it and will NOT be there in the finished document.

Unfortunately, the original version of the document seems to be nowhere to be found... at least not in time to reproduce it for the event. So I did what I do best... I faked it.

No comments: